Tuesday, September 13, 2011

ra9344 revision: seriously?!


Props to sunstar.com.ph

I kinda' have a problem with their proposal to revise (boxed above) the bill for Juvenile Justice Welfare Act.  Although I haven't thoroughly read the whole bill, I think that they may be overlooking the role of the parents of these children.  I say, give corresponding consequences to the parents of these delinquents too.  And then, provide coaching on parenting to the parents of these young offenders.  Lowering the age criteria won't do much. 

What I know is that these teen delinquents have a tremendous lack of discipline and guidance and simply 'punishing' them would just add insult to injury - all the more those younger kids who are aged 9 to 15!
I just don't get the rationale for such a revision.  Seriously?!  I don't know, I'm not sure if the lawmakers have reeeeally thought about this. 

Straight from the Universe,
margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment